Pre-order the next evolution of the hit co-op zombie shooter today for two days of early access to new story episodes, game modes, and 4K|60 FPS action on next-gen systems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Aug. 25, 2021 — Saber Interactive has revealed an all-new trailer for World War Z: Aftermath, the next evolution of the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film, launching on September 21, 2021, for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store and Steam, with backwards compatibility on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X at 4K|60 FPS.
World War Z: Aftermath is available to pre-order today for $39.99, but players who own the original World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. World War Z: Aftermath: Deluxe Edition features two savage bonus melee weapons, the Sledgehammer and Dual Cleavers, as well as the ornate weapon skins in the Explorer Weapon Skins Pack, and is available to pre-order for $49.99.
Pre-orders for PlayStation begin on August 26th.
All pre-orders include two days’ early access to the full game starting September 19.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends or on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in two totally new story episodes set in the city of Rome including Vatican City, and in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that can plow through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
The true next-generation edition of World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2022 with a free upgrade and additional enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.